Monday, March 12, 2007

Item #11: Web 2.0 Awards

I explored Remember The Milk and Backpack.
Remember the Milk looks very clean, which I like. Not too much clutter. I like the map feature as well. Supposedly, I can plan my daily errands and the map will allow me to organize my trips by location. I found the site clean, but it was not apparently obvious how to work with my tasks and change the settings of each task. So, it was not that functional for me to use. I need something obvious and simple, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose. In a library setting, I think the map sharing tool would be useful and the ability to share your library events with co-workers. It would be handy for others to keep track of you and your schedule if you made the tasks public.

Backpack-The main tool was not that interesting to me. But I noticed it had a calender feature (you have to pay for that :( that looked really cool and clean. It is exactly what I was looking for. Looks simple and powerful. Color coding and the ability to show multi-day events. Plus it's designed to go with Mac which I like and prefer.

30 boxes- looks like it would be easy to use as well. A nice, basic calender online.

They all seem capable of sharing which would be helpful for us busy librarians. Also, for me it would be cool to nag my boyfriend about some errand I wanted him to do by phone alert!

No comments: